Selling Digital Marketing to Small Businesses? (7 Reasons Why I’ll Never Sell To Local Businesses)

Should you sell digital marketing to small businesses? I don't think so. Stick around to find out why.

Want to learn how to grow or start your company and earn 10X more? Hop on in at ➡️ ⬅️

Grab the Cold Email Optimization Checklist for free here: ➡️ ⬅️

When I was first getting started in entrepreneurship, I thought it would be so easy to sell something to restaurants. And I did it, I sold copywriting to restaurants, menu rewriting services. I've talked about that a few times on the channel. I had a couple of clients and it was fine, meaning I got $50 to rewrite some menus. One time I got a $100, and it was a lot of work, but it was money coming in.

So I don't want to hate on small businesses, and I don't want to hate on people that sell to small businesses. It's just not something that I recommend people do and it's not something that I would ever do again. And that's what I want to talk about in this video, because a lot of agency owners, a lot of service business owners will get stuck in this trap of selling to local businesses. Because it's fine, meaning you can make money doing it. My little brother Terrence just started his agency about six months ago and he's making a good living, selling to these local businesses, doing social media for $200 a month, or selling a website for $400.

I don't want to hate on that because selling to these local businesses is a way into entrepreneurship for most people, including myself, but you don't want to stay there for long. You do not want to be selling to these small businesses. And that's what I want to talk about in today's video, are reasons why you need to get up to the next step. I've sold to enterprise, I did social media for Tyson Chicken, we've done a lot of these major websites. I've sold to the golden geese, which are small to medium-sized businesses between $5 million -$150 million in revenue, and I've sold to the mom and pops, which are the local businesses that make under five million in revenue. And I can tell you without a doubt, the five to $150 million client range is the best range to sell services to.

So let's go through a few reasons not to sell digital marketing to small businesses.

--

/// R E S O U R C E S

START OR GROW YOUR BUSINESS: us grow your business: DOWNLOADS: #LocalBusiness​ #Email10k​

/// MORE FROM ALEX

Subscribe for more content like this:

Recommended Reading >> bit.ly/32kRpzw

Comments