Reasons Why A Marketing Degree IS USELESS - Alex Berman Explains

No idea on how to become a marketer? Maybe you've looked into getting a marketing degree. In today's video, I want to talk about why a marketing degree is useless.

Want to learn how to grow or start your company and earn 10X more? Hop on in at ➡️ ⬅️

Grab the Cold Email Optimization Checklist for free here: ➡️ ⬅️

It's become a cliche now of people that have degrees telling you not to get degrees. I have a bachelor of science in marketing from Florida Gulf Coast University. It wasn't as useless as some people say, but it was basically useless and it's still not something I really recommend anyone get, because if your goal is to start a business, you don't need any degree at all. All you need to do is go out there and sell. And what I learned in business school isn't really the best for entrepreneurship. During the business school curriculum, I did learn some good stuff that came in handy later or would have worked if I had gotten a career in marketing. Things like doing a SWOT analysis or all these random charts made by McKinsey and some other major consulting companies. Like when to sell a company out of your portfolio, whether it's a dog or a rising star or a question mark.

I know all this stuff now, but they didn't really teach me how to get my first client. They didn't teach me how to hire correctly. And there's a lot of stuff that is necessary for becoming an entrepreneur that they didn't even cover at all in the business school. And it's only now that I'm 29 years old and we have a company of 30, 40 people that I'm even starting to remember what I learned in business school and having it come back. That's how useless it was for the first nine years of my career.

But I don't want to completely sh*t on the idea of a degree because it did get me my first job in New York. I don't know if they would have hired me without a degree, but I did meet them via cold email and the agency in New York that I worked at later. So basically, my entire career in New York was created via cold emailing these people and asking them to coffee or Tom from the agency, I met at a meetup. So would they have hired me without a degree? I don't know, but I definitely got the meeting before they even asked about a degree or anything.

Ankit, who puts a lot of these notes together and said, "I am doing an MBA right now. So thank you for making me write this." Well, hopefully, we can save you some time, Ankit. Especially if you're doing an international degree, I would not recommend anything like that.

Subscribe to CrazyMoney: Introduction

0:45 My Background in Marketing

1:09 The Pros and Cons of a Marketing Degree

2:47 Reason #1 The Speed of Change in Marketing

4:13 Reason #2 You Will Need Experience Anyway

5:35 Reason #3 Practice What You Preach

6:38 Reason #4 Degrees are Expensive

7:35 Reason $5 Marketing is Not Marketing Anymore

--

START OR GROW YOUR BUSINESS: DOWNLOADS: your own Chatbot with Botfuse at: us grow your business: Why A Marketing Degree IS USELESS - Alex Berman Explains

#Degree​ #Marketing #Email10k​

/// MORE FROM ALEX

Subscribe for more content like this: BUSINESS INQUIRIES:

For sponsorships you can reach us at: ABermanManagement@gmail.com

Recommended Reading >> bit.ly/32kRpzw

Comments