How to Define Your Vision of Success and Achieve It

What does real success look like to you personally? In this video, I'm going to share my unique perspective, that I never shared before, on how to become more successful on your own terms.

DOWNLOAD: Top 5 Productivity Hacks - Double Your Energy & Focus By Just Tweaking The Way You Do Everyday Tasks - to the audio version on...

+ Spotify: Apple Podcasts: connect on...

+ Instagram (behind the scenes): Facebook (live trainings + Q&A): Twitter (what I'm reading): does success mean?

Get specific… what exactly does it look like to you?

Is that word just a placeholder for some anonymous measure of public respect and acceptance? Is it about bank account zeros?

My idea of success has changed… a lot. The answer I’d have given you when I was 21 is nothing like the answer I’d give you now.

Why?

Because I grew the F%$& up.

When I became a millionaire at 27 years old, I realized that I wasn’t anywhere near as successful as I wanted to be.

The elusive dream had changed.

Since then, I’ve taken the time to really decide what success looks like to me so I know what I’m aiming for.

Now I’d like to share my perspective on what that is.

I haven’t shared this before because, to be honest... it’s kind of personal.

But I’d like to share it because every problem became much more manageable when I knew where I wanted to end up. Perhaps you need that clarity too.

I’ve learned that success is different for everyone.

It’s subjective.

One person thinks it’s about the body they’ve got, another thinks it’s the car they drive, yet another thinks success is the property they own or the friends they have.

Have you noticed how you can use ‘success’ in a conversation and everyone assumes you must mean the same thing?

“10 steps to success”, “How to become successful”, “Success is just…”.

It can be a dangerous concept because we all want “it” without taking time to define what “IT” actually is.

Don’t chase an unknown dream.

Set the goal posts in the right place and don’t worry what anyone else thinks.

I’d love to know what real success looks like to you. Drop a comment on the YouTube video right here and let me know

Dan “demystifying dreams” Martell

Don't forget to share this entrepreneurial advice with your friends, so they can learn too: how to scale, grow and exit with Dan Martell and some of the top SaaS Founders in the business on the Escape Velocity show: DAN MARTELL

=====================

“You can only keep what you give away.” That’s the mantra that’s shaped Dan Martell from a struggling 20-something business owner in the Canadian Maritimes (which is waaay out east) to a successful startup founder who’s raised more than $3 million in venture funding and exited not one... not two... but three tech businesses: Clarity.fm, Spheric and Flowtown.

You can only keep what you give away. That philosophy has led Dan to invest in 33+ early stage startups such as Udemy, Intercom, Unbounce and Foodspotting. It’s also helped him shape the future of Hootsuite as an advisor to the social media tour de force.

An activator, a tech geek, an adrenaline junkie and, yes, a romantic (ask his wife Renee), Dan has recently turned his attention to teaching startups a fundamental, little-discussed lesson that directly impacts their growth: how to scale. You’ll find not only incredible insights in every moment of every talk Dan gives - but also highly actionable takeaways that will propel your business forward. Because Dan gives freely of all that he knows. After all, you can only keep what you give away.

DOWNLOAD: Top 5 Productivity Hacks - Double Your Energy & Focus By Just Tweaking The Way You Do Everyday Tasks -

Recommended Reading >> bit.ly/32kRpzw

Comments