5 Tips To IMPROVE Public Speaking For Beginners

Does the thought of public speaking make you feel...sick? In this video, I'll explain 5 tricks that will teach you how to speak confidently, be entertaining and provide massive value in a 1-to-many format.

Check Out: The Power of Believing in Others - to the audio version on...

+ Spotify:

+ Apple Podcasts:

Let's connect on...

+ Instagram (behind the scenes):

+ Facebook (live trainings + Q&A):

+ Twitter (what I'm reading):

Join my exclusive Scaling SaaS Founders Facebook Group:

---

I grew up an introvert.

Hunched over behind a computer in the late 90s, writing lines of code, hoping I never had to talk to anybody.

If you would have told me that one-day people would pay me $10,000+ to give a keynote presentation to an audience of hundreds…

I would have laughed my ass off and called you an offensive word.

...Then I would have vomited.

Right on the floor.

Public speaking TERRIFIED the absolute %^&* out of me!

The thought of speaking to an audience made my stomach churn to the point of making me sick.

But with time, I learned the value of pushing myself outside of my comfort zone.

That it was possible to overcome fear.

And that out of the ashes of my terror, I could find confidence.

So going back 10+ years, I began to challenge myself to face my fear and learn public speaking. It’s been a long, difficult journey, but damn it’s been rewarding.

From a fumbling, nervous wreck to a confident speaker, I now want to share with you the greatest lessons I’ve learnt.

Here are 5 tips for beginners to improve public speaking... FAST!

“Oh he’s a natural”, they say.

Nope. I did my reps at the microphone, worked that public speaking muscle and practiced.

Now I consider public speaking my art form.

It’s my side business, a hobby that pays for me to fly around the world, meet amazing people and bring home a 5-digit paycheck.

If you’re a beginner… if you’re afraid of public speaking like I was…

Then I hope this video shows you that you can learn to speak confidently, to be entertaining and to provide massive value in a 1-to-many format.

Hopefully, you’ll find it as rewarding as I have.

Drop me a comment on the video if you found it helpful, I love hearing from you.

Dan “no such thing as natural” Martell

Don't forget to share this entrepreneurial advice with your friends, so they can learn too: of this video:

====================

00:00 - Intro

03:04 - "Always Say Yes"

04:25 - 3 Acronyms You Should Know

06:57 - "Start & End"

08:11 - "Point, Story, Metaphor"

10:40 - "Act As If"

13:30 - Recap

---

=====================

ABOUT DAN MARTELL

=====================

“You can only keep what you give away.” That’s the mantra that’s shaped Dan Martell from a struggling 20-something business owner in the Canadian Maritimes (which is way out east) to a successful startup founder who’s raised more than $3 million in venture funding and exited not one... not two... but three tech businesses: Clarity.fm, Spheric, and Flowtown.

You can only keep what you give away. That philosophy has led Dan to invest in 33+ early stage startups such as Udemy, Intercom, Unbounce, and Foodspotting. It’s also helped him shape the future of Hootsuite as an advisor to the social media tour de force.

An activator, a tech geek, an adrenaline seeker and, yes, a romantic (ask his wife Renee), Dan has recently turned his attention to teaching startups a fundamental, little-discussed lesson that directly impacts their growth: how to scale. You’ll find not only incredible insights in every moment of every talk Dan gives - but also highly actionable takeaways that will propel your business forward. Because Dan gives freely of all that he knows. After all, you can only keep what you give away.

#DanMartell #SaaSAcademy

Recommended Reading >> bit.ly/32kRpzw

Comments